In Moscow it's verrry cold in winter. So people wore felt boots a longer time ago. Now they only wear felt slippers at home.
I show you the ones I saw in Moscow.
At first a bad example. It's ok to be proud of your felt slippers when you are a beginner and these where your first ones. Than I will be happy with you and perhaps give you some advice for the next time if you prefer.
But how can someone sell things like these?! Poor buyer. Will not be happy for a long time with these fluffy prefelt-slippers...
And now the good ones. They are not my style but the surface embellishment methods are inspirating.
1. Felt combined with crochet
3. Maschine stitched motifs sewed on the felt.4. Stencil printing - or whatever it is called in English - combined with beads. I would try it with textile or acrylic paint. Or do you have another idea?
5. A lot of sequins and beads on the black felt boot.
6. Motif cut off a fabric and sewed on and combined with beads.
7. Felt with zipper - in a different way :-)
Do you feel how new ideas crawl out of your mind?
Teaching in Reno Nevada!
1 year ago